Summer Programme 2018
Members usually meet at around 7.00pm (or beforehand by private arrangement) on Tuesday evenings during the Summer for sketching & painting, then gather socially in the suggested public house when the light fails. Any local artists from these villages or areas are welcome to come along for the outdoor painting sessions etc.
- 26th Sandon Village, North of Buntingford (by kind invitation of Brenda and Richard Thompson who are opening their garden for Members to paint. Moss Rose Cottage, Payne End, Sandon SG9 0QU and afterwards a Private function for Members.
- *30 Saturday, life workshop - June Pickard.
- 3rd Pansanger Park, Near Hertingfordbury, (off the B1000 towards Digswell). Turn in by Gatehouse and meet up initially in Stable Block car park by 6.45pm. Visit at own risk - map available at www.panshangerpark.co.uk and afterwards at Rose & Crown, Tewin AL6 0LE.
- 10th Wheathampstead Village (B653) and afterwards at The Swan AL4 8AR.
- 14th Saturday, visit to Henry Moore Foundation, Perry Green, SG10 6EE. Park in Chestnuts Car Park at 11.45am. Guided Tour of Exhibitions, Studios and Gardens at 1pm. £9.80 per person. Notify Trevor Chamberlain before 31st May if attending (£5 Deposit payable). Bring own lunch. Members to sketch in the grounds during the afternoon and afterwards a Private function for Members.
- 17th Great Amwell Village & New River, Near Ware (Off A1170) and afterwards at George IV SG12 9SW.
- 24th Camwell Farm, Blackridge Lane, off Widford Hill Road, Much Hadham , SG10 6BB (by kind invitation of Rodney Munday). Old Barns and carts to paint and afterwards at The Chequers, Wareside SG12 7QY.
- *28 July Saturday, life workshop - June Pickard.
- 31st Braughing & Green End (East of A10) and afterwards at Axe & Compasses SG11 2QR.
- 7th Ware Town and River Lea and afterwards at Saracen’s Head SG12 9BS.
- 14th Hertford Town and afterwards a Private function for Members.
Members’ Winter Programme 2018 - 2019
Meetings are held on Tuesday evenings at 7.30 - 9.30p.m and Saturday life workshops from 10:00 - 4:00pm at the Cowbridge Halls, Cowbridge, Hertford SG14 1PG
On practical evenings, please bring your own easels and preferred media.
Critiques: One recent work may be brought by members only.
Saturday, life workshops for members charge: £13.50 per session, £15.50 for visitors
Visitors are very welcome at non-practical sessions (as indicated*) on Tuesday nights, charge: £2 and Saturday, life workshops .
- 11th* Critique of Members’ art by artist Paul Alcock. Hosted by Michael Radley
- 18th* Demonstration – “Wildlife in Acrylics” by David Hyde. Hosted by Peter Buck
- 25th Workshop “Mayor’s Portrait” by members in any medium. Hosted by Michael Radley
- 29th Saturday, life workshop. Hosted by June Pickard
- 2nd* Critique of Members’ art by artist Stanley Hurr. Hosted by Paul Swinge
- 9th* A Talk by Peter Laider on “Collaborating on Art Sculptures”. Hosted by Geoff Bennett
- 16th* A demonstration “Wicked Watercolours” by artist Fiona Pruden. Hosted by Francis Stephenson
- 23rd* Demonstration “Portrait in Oils “ by artist Rob Wareing. Hosted by Chris Baker
- 27th Saturday, life workshop. Hosted by June Pickard
- 30th Workshop for Xmas Cards by Members – any medium. Hosted by Kathy Burman
November 1st to 4th Hertford Art Society Members Art Show.
An opportunity for members to display their work.
- 1st to 4th Hertford Art Society Members Art Show. An opportunity for members to display their work, volunteers are required to help run the show Francis Stephenson
- 6th* Critique of Members’ art by artist John Kay. Hosted by Stephen Lowe
- 13th Life Model Workshop – 2 Models. Hosted by Michael Radley
- 20th* Demonstration – “Garden Landscapes in Acrylics” - by artist Kit Leese. Hosted by Peter Buck
- 24th Saturday, life workshop. Hosted by June Pickard
- 27th* Talk by Sonia Bacchus on “Eastern European Art”. Hosted by Persis Limbuwala
- 4th* Critique of Members’ art by artist Charles Bezzina. Hosted by Chris Jermain
- 11th Christmas Party Theme - “Travellers Through the Ages” - A fun night with Fancy dress or hats (optional) - Prizes to be won and Music by our very own Marianne Dorn Group
- 18th* A DVD on Art / Artists / Art History . Hosted by John Jarratt
- 8th* Critique of Members’ art by Jill Winch. Hosted by Linda Radford
- 15th Life Model Workshop – 2 Models. Hosted by Kathy Burman
- 22nd* A Talk “Beauty in Your Own Back Yard” by artist Chris Christoforou. Hosted by Chris Baker
- 26th Saturday, life workshop. Hosted by June Pickard
- 29th* A Demonstration on “Encaustic Wax” by Phil Madley. Hosted by Peter Buck
- 05th Feb * Critique of Members’ art by Steve Pill. Hosted by Trevor Chamberlain
- 12th Feb Life Model Workshop – 2 Models. Hosted by Michael Radley
- 19th Feb AGM and election of committee members. Followed by wine and nibbles. All Members to Attend. . Hosted by Michael Radley
- 23rd Feb Saturday, life workshop. Hosted by June Pickard
- 26th Feb * A Talk on “Henry Moore” by Barry Dodge. Hosted by Persis Limbuwala
- 05th* Critique of Members’ art by Alex Roch. Hosted by Frances Stevenson
- 12th A Life Model Workshop – 2 Model. Hosted by s Michael Radley
- 19th* Demonstration on “Movement ” in art + workshop with Abel Kestevens. Hosted by Peter Buck
- 26th A Workshop by Members – Spring Flowers and Vases etc. Hosted by Michael Radley
- 30th Saturday, life workshop. Hosted by June Pickard
- 2nd* Self Critique of Members’ art by Members. Hosted by Stephen Lowe
- 9th A Clothed Model in Spanish Dress – Gill Right . Hosted by Craig Lee
- 16th* A Demonstration by Andy Lee – “Characterful Buildings in Water Colours”. Hosted by Michael Radley
- 23rd* A Talk and Demonstration of “Chinese Brush Paintings” by artist and Tutor – Sho Jen Dowell. Hosted by Linda Radford
- 27th Saturday Open Exhibition - Handing-in day
- 30th Quick Poses by Members + Props. Hosted by Kathy Burman
May 4th to 18th Hertford Art Society Open Exhibition.
Handing-in day Saturday 27th April
Hanging and Private View Saturday 4th May
Open to general public Sunday 5th May to Saturday 18 May
- 4th to 18th Hertford Art Society Open Exhibition. No meetings during the open exhibition fortnight. Volunteers are required to help run the exhibition.
- 4th Saturday Open Exhibition - Hanging and Private View.
- 5th-18th Open Exhibition - Open to general public.
- 25th Saturday, life workshop. Hosted by June Pickard
29th June Saturday, life workshop. Hosted by June Pickard
- 27th Saturday, life workshop. Hosted by June Pickard
Winter Programme 2018 - 2019
From September each year Society Members and visitors enjoy a Programme of talks, critiques, demonstrations and workshops. These sessions are on Tuesday evenings from 7.30pm to 9.30pm at Cowbridge Hall, Cowbridge, Hertford SG14 1PG. Approximately half the evenings in the Winter Programme are for Members to paint or draw either from still life arrangements or a life model. The remaining evenings are taken up with talks, critiques of paintings brought along by Members, demonstrations from a professional artist or workshops. Visitors are welcome to enjoy the non-practical evenings (marked with an asterisk).
Winter Programme 2018-2019 (pdf) - click here for more details