Winter Programme 2017 - 2018
From September each year Society Members and visitors enjoy a Programme of talks, critiques, demonstrations and workshops. These sessions are on Tuesday evenings from 7.30pm to 9.30pm at Cowbridge Hall, Cowbridge, Hertford SG14 1PG. Approximately half the evenings in the Winter Programme are for Members to paint or draw either from still life arrangements or a life model. The remaining evenings are taken up with talks, critiques of paintings brought along by Members, demonstrations from a professional artist or workshops. Visitors are welcome to enjoy the non-practical evenings (marked with an asterisk).
Winter Programme 2017-2018 (pdf) - click here for more details
- *21st Critique of Members’ art and short demonstration by artist Charles Evans. - Stephen Lowe
- *25th Saturday, life workshop - June Pickard
- *28th A talk about Russian Realist Painters presented by Sonia Bauchaus. - Persis Limbuwala
- 5th A practical session still Life – Wintery in a medium of your choice. Please bring props. - Kathy Burman
- 12th Christmas Party, musical films theme. A fun night with Fancy dress, hats, competitions, bring and share. Prizes to be won
- *19th A Talk by Clare Gittings followed with the BP Quiz. - Chris Baker
- *9th Critique of Members’ art by artist Phil Madley. - Peter Buck
- 16th A practical session “Birds of Prey” for Members to Paint, in a medium of your choice. Kirsty Allen, bird trainer and handler. - Denise Allen
- 23rd Practical session with a life model, in a medium of your choice. - Michael Radley
- *27th Saturday, life workshop - June Pickard
- *30th Demo in Oils by artist David Sawyer - Trevor Chamberlain
- *6th Critique of Members’ art by Chris Christoforou, wildlife artist. - Linda Radford
- 10th 10am to 4pm A Saturday workshop with Paul Curtis, who will set up his own typically imaginative and extensive 'Still Life' as a starting point.
Please contact Peter Buck ( email@example.com ) if you wish to reserve a place.
- 13th Painting with Pastels, a demonstration by Heather Brown. - Peter Buck
- 20th AGM and election of committee members. Followed by wine and nibbles. All Members to Attend. - Michael Radley
- *24th Saturday, life workshop - June Pickard
- *27th Women in Art - 17th to 21st Century by Anne Marie Parker - Margo Ward
- *6th Critique of Members’ art by artist Paul Curtis. - Stephen Lowe
- 13th A workshop using photographs, without copying by artist Paul Regan. Bring your own postcards, photos. - David Nelson
- 20th Practical session with a life model, in a medium of your choice. - Michael Radley
- *27th A Demonstration by artist Simon Pemberton. - Geoff Bennett
- *31st Saturday, life workshop - June Pickard
- *3rd Critique of Members’ art by artist Hashim Akib. - Craig Lee
- 10th A practical watercolour workshop with Glynis Barns Mellish exploring different technics. - Fay Donohoe
- 17th Practical session with a life model, in a medium of your choice. - Michael Radley
- 25th Practical session, self-portrait, in a medium of your choice. Bring a mirror. - Peter Buck
5th - 20th May Hertford Art Society Open Exhibition
- *1st A critique by Keith Morton, portraits only please - Chris Jermain
- 5th - 20th May Hertford Art Society Open Exhibition. No meetings during the open exhibition fortnight. Volunteers are required to help run the exhibition.
- *26th Saturday, life workshop - June Pickard
- *30 Saturday, life workshop - June Pickard
- *28 July Saturday, life workshop - June Pickard
Copyright © All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without written permission is strictly prohibited. While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided, Hertford Art Society and its agents cannot accept responsibility for claims made.
Created by SG7.Biz Tel: +44 (0)1462 896679 Mobile: 07704 312513 Webmaster : Mark Roger Ely BSc